Upper secondary school, universities, adult education and more
We offer guided tours to upper secondary schools, university colleges, universities, adult education schools, arts and culture clubs and more. Our guide will give you an inspirational tour of the museum. You’ll gain insight into the children’s art, as well as the museum’s collection, function and values. The program is dialogue-based and allows for conversations, taking on topics such as a children’s creativity and expressiveness. We are happy to tailor a special program for you if there’s a specific exhibition you particularly want some in-depth knowledge on, or if there’s a certain project you are working on in relations to children’s art. If desired, we offer a music activity at the end of each tour. Our drum room has a limited capacity and are only available for smaller groups. Give us a call, and we’ll see what we can offer you!
For practical information and prices, please see separate post.
Upper secondary schools
- Duration: 90 min
- Program: Visit the various exhibitions. We analyse and reflect on the
different art works, and their power to mediate thoughts and ideas.
- Preparatory work (Optional): Pick an artwork and reflect on how it represents it’s time.
- Supplementary work (Optional): Discuss: Does art have to be socially and politically engaging? In what way can an artwork be engaging?
College and other education programs
- Duration: 90 min
- Program: Visit the various exhibitions. You will become familiar with the
museum’s philosophy, history, goals and collection.
- Preparatory work (Optional): Visit our webpage www.childrensart.com. Discuss in advance
what you hope to gain from visiting the museum.
- Tasks at the museum (Optional): We focus on factors that help increase children’s creativity and inspiration.
- Supplementary work (Optional) What made an impression? How can we as adults help convey and emphasize children’s visual communication?