With the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Framework plan for kindergartens as starting points, we offer guided tours adapted to the kindergartens different age groups. The subject areas of art, culture and creativity are particularly relevant.
During the guided tour, we facilitate the children’s participation, conversation and play. We will take you through all the exhibitions, and the tour includes a visit to our «magical room».
In order for you to get the most out of your visit, we recommend that you put together a group of kids approximately the same age for separate tours, for instance ages 1-3 years and 4-6 years. If you wish to visit us with a mixed-age group, that is of course OK too. For the younger kids a visit to the museum will provide them with many new sensations and impressions, and just being in the museum with all the sounds and the visual stimulation is an experience in its own right. Toddler groups may want to arrange for a shorter tour than the regular 90 minutes. With the older children we focus on the experience of being here, while also talking about art in general and the images on display in particular.
We are happy to adjust the tour to include themes that are of particular interest to you or if you have a special project you’re working on.
For practical information and prices, please see separate post.
SUGGESTED GUIDED TOUR PROGRAM KINDERGARTEN
- Duration: 90 min, possibly less for toddlers.
- Program: Visit the various exhibitions. Get used to a cultural experience. For our youngest visitors the experience of being here is of importance in itself. We emphasise on using the senses; colours, shapes and sounds.
- Preparatory work (Optional): Introduce the concepts art and museum.
- Tasks at the museum (Optional): Which image do you wish you could jump into and be part of? Why?
- Supplementary work (Optional): What do you remember from the visit at The Children’s Art Museum?